Saturday, February 14, 2009

Issues

I have issues with baking. It's so bad that Jason and I joke about it. Instead of saying "I'm going to make cookies" I say "I'm going to attempt to not burn some cookies". I blame our oven....but not fully. We do have stove issues. We've learnt to set the oven about 50 degrees less than the recipe states and we also cut off 5 - 10 minutes of bake time. It's really helped.

There have been other issues. As mentioned it's not fully the ovens fault. I have been known to forget that I'm baking until I smell the burning. In my defence the oven doesn't have a timer but really it's still my responsibility. I could buy a timer for pete's sake.

So tonight you can imagine my annoyance when once again I thought I was in trouble. I did all my little tricks and kept my eye on the clock and yet the outside of the cookies kept getting darker and darker while the inside resembled pudding. Finally I just pulled them out and figured what I get is what I get. Well they turned out but they certainly around golden brown. So I don't really know what to do. Well that's not totally true. I'm still going to blame the oven.

Here's a pic of tonight's baking adventure. Mmmm, mmmm, good.

No comments: