Our daughter turned 2 on Saturday so we have a Sesame Street (heavy on the Elmo) themed birthday party for her. Here's some pictures of the festivities.
* I found some Sesame Street confetti at the dollar store. I glued tooth picks to the Elmos so I could use them as cupcake toppers. I then glued toothpicks to the Bert's, Ernie's, Oscar's and Cookie Monster's and used them as foot skewers. The kids loved these! I also used the round Elmo confetti's for the centre of the paper pinwheels (not really sure what to call them) that hung over the table.
* I used pink and red tissue paper to make the paper pinwheels (see above about proper name) and we hung them from the light over the dinning room table.
* I made some Cookie Monster bag toppers which I attached to baggies with cookies in them for the party favors. I put these inside an Elmo Easter basket I found at a local store.
* I rounded up the little Sesame Street figures we have around the house and used those on the dessert table and put the Elmo on top of the cake along with a #2 candle my parents had.
* We had sandwiches, fruit, veggies and chips for lunch along with bottled water and sparkling fruit juices to drink. For dessert, a mini cake for the birthday girl, cupcakes and cookies (for cookie monster of course).
Lunch, cake, then presents. It was a great party and our daughter looked at everything yelling, "Elmo! Zoe! Ernie! Oscar, etc." which was so much fun.
Hope you enjoy the pics! : )