Monday, August 29, 2011

Stay-cation....

This picture was taken last night at the path just around the corner from our house. We live really close to the coulee. It's such a beautiful view and some days you can see the Mountains on the horizon. 

Why am I sharing this with you today? Because this week my husband and I are enjoying a stay-cation. The kids are gone all week visiting their grandparents. They haven't even been gone 48 hours and we've already, gone shopping at the mall, gone to dinner at a restaurant I love but haven't been too in over two years, gone to a movie....together (Crazy, Stupid, Love...it was awesome! I highly recommend), taken a nap in the middle of the day, eaten pizza in front of the tv while watching a movie with swears in it, gone for a walk at 8:00pm and left the house at 9:00pm to go visit friends! That's a whole lot of stuff that we don't get to do on a regular basis and we still have plans for more movies and eating out. I also need to make 7 curtain panels and refinish a dresser. That's a busy week. I miss my kids! I love them so much but it is nice to have a break from the regular routine. I hope you all have wonderful weeks too!

4 comments:

AYDENS LIFE said...

hahaha...awesome! so lucky, have fun!!!!

Theresa Maxwell said...

I know what you mean - both about the gorgeous evening light in Calgary, and the joys of a break from the kids!

craftedbylindy said...

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for your comments. This week has been great but man it's flown by. So much going on but I got a lot accomplished too so yay!

Thanks again! Have a great long weekend everyone!

Gabe said...

Thankss great blog post