Friday, February 25, 2011

Oscar Night Fun...


My husband and I enjoy watching awards shows together especially the Oscars. We like the excitement, the fanfare, the over the top dresses, the performance numbers, the whole shebang. I've never actually had an Oscar party and I'm not sure that I ever would as we enjoy watching them just the two of us but if I ever did and if I felt like dropping a sweet penny at Costco on jumbo sized boxes of Orea Cookies I would have this (see above) fantastic cookie cake at my party! Amazing and oh so yummy looking! It was designed by Kevin Sharkey and I found it via Twig and Thistle.

Below is a fun Oscar Night Treasury that I put together today in honor of the big event....




5 comments:

yjennings said...

What a beautiful treasury and I love your blog too! Thanks for including my earrings!

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

could you imagine walking into someones home and seeing that thing! crazy good is what. you could always make a mini one for you and your fella perhaps?

we're super excited for Oscar night...well i am, the boyf is kinda on the fence ; )

enjoy every gown and red carpet glide!! i have to make mention about your awesome name. my parents nicknamed me Lindy, i had the name all through childhood and my fams still call me that or Lindy-Lou. nice to kinda know someone who has the name for real. ♥

craftedbylindy said...

Lynn (a.k.a. Lindy!) - I was totally thinking of making a mini one. I think it would still look pretty dang cool! Too bad the Oscars were a total bore fest this year! I'm thrilled that The Kings Speech did so well but other than that it was terrible this year. So sad!

That's so cool that your nickname is Lindy! It's a pretty awesome name if I do say so myself! haha!

craftedbylindy said...

yjennings - thank you and you're so welcome! :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

seriously, right?! bore-snore is what!!! i kinda wished Sandra Bullock & Tom Hanks woulda hosted, i bet they'd have been great. i too was joyed up when Colin Firth got his due accolades. such a talented man!

thanks for replying lades, it is an awesome name, i agree. ♥