Monday, February 07, 2011

I'm back!

I'm back! "Where have you been" you might ask. Well I've been moving from....

here to...

here!

Some obvious differences....
1. It's bigger, twice as big
2. It's a two story where as our previous house was a bungalow
3. No grass, no driveway, no fence, no landscaping of any sort (this will come)
4. No neighbours. This too will come but it will be loud when it does!
5. An oh so wonderful garage that currently only one of us (me!) can park in because of all the mess.

Not so obvious differences....
1. This one has carpet, lovely carpet that feels like butter!
2. An ensuite that goes on for miles, miles!
3. A pantry to house all of our delicious type foods.
4. A much larger master bedroom complete with walk in closet
5. Currently the most wonderful view which won't last long but we'll enjoy while we can.
6. It's very close (around the corner) to walking paths and a playground for the kiddies. Come on Spring!

I will miss my old house very much! I loved it and we spent a wonderful 7 years there. The location was fantastic! It was in the neighbourhood that my grandma lived in for almost 50 years so I have a life time of memories there really. It was sad to go but there were many reasons for the decision to move. We mostly needed a change and a new adventure. So far it's been great and I can only hope it'll get better once Spring and Summer roll around!

Thanks for "getting personal" with me today. Tomorrow I'll be back with more wonderful eye candy for you! : )

12 comments:

Twirlie Whirlies said...

Gorgeous new home Lindy. Congratulations!!!

debi said...

Wow! It is such a different style from the other house, it will be so much fun decorating! Enjoy your new adventure!

Amy said...

ooh nice! We want to upgrade so bad too...our home is like your first one. Very small...we only have one kiddo but we're outgrowing it. My crafts take up too much room!

Jen :) said...

What is it that they say these days . . . UPGRADE!

Congrats on the new digs!

Rozzie said...

Congrats on the new place!! exciting

Anonymous said...

congratulations Lindy!
Enjoy the new digs :-)

Hilda said...

yay!! looks so awesome. I can't wait to see inside pictures!

Maria Lang said...

Congrats!!!! So exciting!

craftedbylindy said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and congrats! I really appreciate it! The house is definitely different from our last one and we're really enjoying it! Can't wait till the weather is better and we can enjoy the outside too!

I've posted interior shots on Flickr if you're interested, http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftedbylindy/

Thank you again!

craftedbylindy said...

Amy - I hear ya on the craft problem! Hope you get to upgrade soon!

Jen S. - yup, that's definitely what they say! haha!

Thanks again all! :)

Candied Fabrics said...

Ooh, congrats...I love new adventures! I was gonna ask for more pix but I see you've got them flickr, off I go!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the move!