Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Mix Tape

Oh the Mix Tape.....how that brings back memories. All you really need (besides good taste in music) for a good mix tape is a double tape deck stereo or the radio. So many of my mix tapes where made by me sitting by my stereo listening to the radio waiting for the latest song to come on with my finger on the record button. Most of the songs started with the announcer introduction. Classy I know but it was all about getting the song not necessarily the quality. haha!

This lovely Mix Tape can be found in the shop Vortex Trading Company on Etsy. It's 1.25" by 2", you can write on the label and the best part....it's a magnet! Awesome!

3 comments:

twostraycats said...

What a great post ~ I did the same as you Lindy! except my first 'mix' tapes were not done with a double tape deck but with a tape deck with a microphone that I positioned oh so carefully in front of the radio waiting for the song to come on :)

And then there was the yelling "be quiet (or more likely shut up!) I'm trying to tape :) LOL

Those were the days

craftedbylindy said...

That is hilarious Lily! Classic!

Adaptable Kay said...

How cute is that! I really thought it was a cassette tape ^.^